Tory Lanez has denied shooting Megan Thee Stallion.
The rapper, real name Daystar Peterson, is accused of shooting at Megan’s feet and wounding her after a party in the Hollywood Hills on 12 July.
Tory’s lawyer entered a not guilty plea on his behalf at a Los Angeles court on Wednesday and said he “strongly rejects” the allegations.
Neither rapper appeared in court.
Megan’s lawyer said she had received threats as a result of the case and feared for her safety.
Back in July, Megan said in an Instagram Live video: “I had to get surgery to get it taken out, get the bullets taken out, and it was super scary.
“It was just the worst experience of my life, and it’s not funny.”
At a hearing last month, Tory was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Megan, real name Megan Pete.
He hasn’t spoken publicly about the incident, but has referred to it on a few tracks on his album Daystar, which was released in September.
In the song Money Over Fallout, he says: “Megan people tryna frame me for a shooting.”
The next hearing will take place on 20 January.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top