Trey Songz has been cleared of sexual assault allegations in Las Vegas.
Authorities in Las Vegas dropped a criminal investigation into assault allegations against the R&B singer, whose real name is Tremaine Neverson, reports TMZ.
“The LVMPD has concluded the investigation into the sexual assault allegations against Tremaine Neverson and determined that no criminal charges will be filed. If any new evidence comes to light, the case will be reopened for further investigation,” read a statement.
While celebrating his birthday last November, Songz allegedly brought a group of women back to his room at The Cosmopolitan, which is where the attack is alleged to have occurred.
The performer still has another lawsuit pending.
Last February, an alleged victim described as “Jane Doe” in court documents claimed that she was assaulted by the “Na Na” singer, 37, in 2016.
She admitted to having had a casual and “occasionally sexual” relationship with Songz beforehand but that changed on March 24, 2016, when he allegedly raped her anally at a party in West Hills, Calif.
The plaintiff claimed that he turned into a “savage rapist” once they entered a bedroom and she “screamed in pain” and “begged” the singer to stop. She alleged that the incident left her with “severe emotional distress,” “other physical and emotional injuries” and sought $20 million in damages.
Songz reps denied the allegations and accused Ariel Mitchell — one of the attorneys representing the alleged victim — of witness tampering in a separate case.
Mitchell denied the allegations.
The “Can’t Help but Wait” singer was also accused of sexual assault two years ago.
In 2020, he was accused of assaulting social media influencer Celina Powell’s friend Aliza. She claimed Songz kidnapped her and urinated on her in a hotel bathroom, which he denied.
“I usually stay quiet on this but I feel that in many ways the movement to fight for the women who actually have suffered harassment and abuse on various levels, has been hijacked by those who find it convenient for themselves to come up as they seek to destroy someone’s life,” he tweeted in response.
- Don’t jail me if I fail to pay GH₵20m in April – Ato Essien appeals
- Individual bondholders to be exempted from debt exchange programme – Martin Kpebu
- NDC impasse confirms long-held rivalry between Mahama and Haruna Iddrisu – Sylvester Tetteh
- Apple users with certain old iPhone, iPad devices should install this security update
- It is possible to conclude Debt Exchange Programme without individual bondholders – Economist
- Fire destroys 3 houses, five vehicles at Kwadaso
- Abubakar Malik Atampuri: A detailed analysis of why Dr. Kuganab-Lem lost the Binduri seat to the NPP
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Mohamed Salah is ‘suffering’ this season
- Supporting budget with 46% of Covid-19 funds not wrong – Sylvester Tetteh on Auditor-General’s report
- There is going to be more crisis if the confidence of individuals is crashed – Senyo Hosi
- Akufo-Addo is resolved to reduce plight of Ghanaians through youth employment, job creation – YEA boss
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- The best time for me to write great songs is when I’m heartbroken – Kwabena Kwabena
- I didn’t become a bad manager overnight – Klopp
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- Australian Open: Djokovic beats Tsitsipas in Melbourne final to equal Nadal’s 22 Grand slams wins
- Photos: Gifty Anti fetes children at Tema General Hospital to mark 53rd birthday
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Konongo-Odumasi SHS launches 70th anniversary
- When you silence one journalist, you silence dozens of voices – Portia Gabor
- Bright Simons: Is this the beginning of the end of Ghana’s fiscal crisis?
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA