Deputy Energy Minister Dr Mohammed Amin Adam says Tullow Ghana’s announcement of a new non-Ghanaian Managing Director cannot be official as the company must first discuss the matter with government.
In a yet to be aired interview on PM: EXPRESS on the JOY NEWS Channel on Monday, June 1 at 9 pm, Dr Amin Adam said as a partner, government prefers a Ghanaian to occupy that position.
The position was previously held by Kweku Awotwi who doubled as the Executive Vice President of Tullow Oil plc.
He is due to retire on June 30 and Tullow has already announced that he will hand over his responsibilities to Wissam Al Monthiry.
But the Deputy Energy Minister says Tullow cannot announce a replacement when they are yet to discuss the matter with government.
Dr Amin Adam, who is also the 2020 parliamentary candidate for the governing NPP for the Karaga Constituency in the Northern Region addresses Politics, Oil and the Contest for Votes in this exclusive PM: EXPRESS interview.
Catch the full interview on Monday at 9 pm on the JOY NEWS Channel as well as a livestream on myjoyonline.com.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
‘We promise to support you’ – Bawumia to Ga state at 2022 Homowo
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated