The Coalition of Domestic Election Observers (CODEO) has described the ongoing voters’ exhibition exercise discouraging due to a low turn at various centres.
The Project Manager, Rhoda Osei Afful in an interview on Joy FM’s Midday Wednesday revealed that only a handful of prospective voters actually participated in the process of verifying their details, adding that, the daily turn out for some centres was 50.
This, she said, is worrying since the process forms an integral part in the electoral process of the country.
“Now that we are hearing about people’s names being missing from the register, it is important for every Ghanaian who votes to show up or at least use the SMS platform to check if your name is in the register,” she stressed.
Commenting on the anomalies that have been detected in the new voters’ register, Madam Osei Afful said the Electoral Commission must involve all relevant stakeholders to find a common ground as the country heads into the December polls.
She looked forward to the IPAC meeting which has been scheduled for Thursday to help resolve the rift between the Commission and some political stakeholders, particularly, the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Meanwhile, the NDC flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama on Tuesday suspended his four-day tour of the Bono Region to return to Accra to deal with the inconsistencies in the voter’s register.
According to him, the ‘incompetence’ of the Jane Mensah-led EC could cause disorder and chaos.
The EC in a statement has also admitted to having some challenges but have promised to fix them.
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- CSIR wants recognition for research works
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr
Driver arraigned over expired insurance certificate
Motorists and commuters unhappy about bad condition of Tamale Industrial area-Nyohini road
Wonder Woman star faces criticism over post on Israel-Gaza violence
Nkwanta North residents fear possible re-emergence of guinea worm infestation