The Business Development Ministry and University of Cape Coast’s SRC have launched the University of Cape Coast Campus Business Pitch (UCC-CBP).
The programme aims at encouraging students to be innovative and creative.
Coordinator for UCC Business Incubator (UCC-BI), Edward Amartefio said at the launch that the UCC-BI supports student entrepreneurs with office space and training to develop their ideas into small scale businesses.
The SRC president, Abdul Hamid, in his address also emphasized the value of the project and encouraged students to take advantage of the opportunity to stand a chance of being selected to pitch their business ideas.
“Students with the most realistic and feasible Business ideas will be selected and supported to grow their ideas into successful businesses,” Mr. Hamid said.
According to the SRC president, students who are interested have until October 3, 2019 to submit their business proposals to the SRC office.
Shortlisted students, he said, will be taken through training and the final pitching held on November 8 where the winners will be announced.
The MP for Cape Coast North who was present said pledged her support to the project to ensure that Cape Coast wins the national contest.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid