Soldiers have left the house of the Ugandan opposition leader Bobi Wine.
On Monday a Ugandan court ordered the military and police to leave his house.
But, as we reported in an earlier post, soldiers did not leave his house straight away after the court order.
He had not left his house in the outskirts of the capital Kampala since voting in the presidential election earlier this month, in which he was declared runner-up to President Yoweri Museveni.
Bobi Wine has now left his house to address the media, reports Uganda’s Daily Monitor:
UPDATE: Former presidential candidate @HEBobiwine, addressed the media today, for the first time since January 14, 2021 when his home was sieged by security. Court yesterday ordered security to vacate the premises.#MonitorUpdates— Daily Monitor (@DailyMonitor) January 26, 2021
📸: @abubakerlubowa pic.twitter.com/x16vzJRIQH
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Funke Akindele loses mom
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- Filling vacancies in government is no reshuffle – Prof Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- Kojo Antwi and family to hold 40 days observance for late father
- Livestream: One-on-one with Dr Ato Forson on PM Express
- Medikal, Quamina MP & Yaw TOG join TsaQa on Accra Fanfooler remix
- Enchi: 14 persons arrested over disturbance at NPP constituency elections
- I had a child out of wedlock after 20 years of marriage; my wife never left – Couple shares love journey
- All the newly appointed ministers are competent – Asiedu Kokuro
- NEDCo staff want Managing Director out
- Daniel Kwabena Owusu: Driving inclusive economic growth through the Africa digital economy
- UK property register: What 3 luxury homes reveal about who owns UK real estate
- Persons who collapse during sex have underlying medical conditions – Dr. Osarfo
- AngloGold Ashanti holds 2nd edition of “Start Right, End Well” mentorship programme
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak