Unilever Ghana PLC is upbeat about the future, as it implements strategies to expand and rake in more earnings.
It recorded an increase in revenue of about 23% for the year 2021 despite a challenging economic condition.
Taking its turn at the ‘Facts behind the Figures’ event, organised by the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) for listed companies, the Managing Director of Unilever Ghana PLC, George Owusu-Ansah, said the company’s revenue increased to ¢559m in 2021, up from the ¢456m recorded in 2020.
This represented a 23% increase in turnover over the period.
The company ended the year having recorded a gross profit of ¢108m, representing a 43% increase over the previous year’s performance.
“Overall, the company’s performance was an improvement over the previous years, driven largely by significant investments it made in product innovations and building the equity of its brands”, the MD told investors and stakeholders.
The company during the year under review prioritised the reduction of waste from its operations.
George Owusu-Ansah, announced that Unilever Ghana is doing well on the journey to rediscovering its greatness through specialized purpose-driven brands.
The Managing Director is upbeat about Unilever’s sustainability programmes.
He mentioned the company is investing to unlock growth, build talent and help develop the skills of the youth.
The company’s objective is to make sustainable living commonplace for all.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara