Audio By Carbonatix
A 26-year-old national service person, Daniel Dake escaped death Monday when unknown gunmen stormed his rented apartment at about 10pm.
Daniel, who is currently in serious condition at the Volta Regional Hospital, popularly known as Trafalgar, informed JoyNews he went out to brush his teeth before preparing for bed and noticed three men loitering about the compound.
According to him, he was about to enter his room when the men approached him, with one of them asking him for a drink of water.
This, he said, is when he noticed that one of them was carrying a gun. He began shouting for help.
One of the men, he says, had a knife and attempted to stab him. The brave young man struck his assailant with his water jug and rushed into his room.
His assailants however were determined to finish what they started and forced their way into the room by shooting the lock on his door.
Perhaps in a rush of adrenalin, Daniel says he fought off his attackers and barricaded his room door by placing himself behind it.
Not about to be undone, the gun-wielding attacker shot through the door, hitting the young man in the leg, while the other men attempted to break into other rooms.
They set upon the young man once again and only let off when respondents began to arrive on the scene.
Listen to Daniel:
Reports suggest that a procurement officer at the Ho Municipal Hospital, Helen Boafo, may have been the intended target.
Ms Boafo explained that she was in her room at about 10:30pm when she heard shouts of “thief” and “armed robber.”
Sensing danger, she rushed into her bedroom and began calling for help on her cell phone. She revealed that the men had been attempting to break into the kitchen, perhaps with the assumption that that was her room.
She expressed surprise at the attack, as “I’ve been [living] here for about a year and three months” and nothing like this has ever happened before.
Police are currently investigating the case.

The quiet residence which served as the scene for the bloody attack, Monday.

The bloody scene after the attack.
Latest Stories
-
Stronger research, industry linkages needed to build a competitive digital economy – Deloitte Technology Senior Manager
13 minutes -
Economy experience high but unbalanced growth from mid-2000 to 2022 debt crisis – Former 1st Deputy Governor
30 minutes -
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
39 minutes -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
47 minutes -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
56 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
60 minutes -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
1 hour -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
2 hours -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
2 hours -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer  Â
2 hours -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
2 hours -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
3 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
3 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
3 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
3 hours