Audio By Carbonatix
A Dallas man has been arrested after allegedly hitting and killing a pedestrian while drunk driving, and then driving to his place of employment with the victim’s severed arm in the passenger seat of the vehicle.
The Dallas Police Department confirmed to PEOPLE that Juan Morgan Munoz, 31, was arrested and charged with felony DWI and collision involving death. They added that additional charges are possible.
He was taken to the Dallas County jail after reportedly fleeing the scene of the fatal accident, according to news outlets KDFW and WFAA.
Although Munoz did call 911 to alert authorities, he allegedly did not do so until more than 30 minutes after the unidentified victim was killed, around 12:30 a.m early Saturday morning, according to KDFW.
The driver reportedly confessed to hitting the victim near Storey Lane and I-35E, but continued on his way to work about a mile away, according to both news outlets.
Authorities arrived at Munoz's job at Maaco Auto Body Shop after Munoz made his phone call, according to the outlets. They allegedly found his white BMW with a "hole in the front passenger windshield" and "an entire arm on the front passenger seat" along with blood.
He also reportedly had "glassy/watery eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit reportedly obtained by the local news stations.
When given a breathalyzer test, Munoz's reading allegedly came back as a .179, which is more than twice the legal limit, according to WFAA.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/dallas-police-car-061824-2-771f672bf8564b1182e2c2584caa1c55.jpg)
Munoz reportedly told the officers he had "one Patron shot in the afternoon,” and had been coming from a Hooters in Grand Prairie before heading to work. He did not pass any of the field sobriety tests given to him, per WFAA.
Before being booked into jail, Munoz reportedly admitted that cocaine was also in his system, also according to WFAA.
The pedestrian who was killed has not been identified.
Latest Stories
-
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
27 minutes -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
29 minutes -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
42 minutes -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
51 minutes -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
54 minutes -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
58 minutes -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
1 hour -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
1 hour -
Founder of collapsed Chinese property giant Evergrande sentenced to life in prison
2 hours -
UK, France, Germany, Italy and Canada condemn Israel’s West Bank settlement project
2 hours -
VIDEO: I don’t subscribe to Oyinbo life, Nigeria’s Elumelu schools lady for calling him by first name
2 hours -
23rd Ghana International Book Fair launched to promote reading culture among young people
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Amaniampong’s ‘Onipa’ starts new mission at St. Louis with one-eighth spot
2 hours -
All you need to know about the new Road Traffic Regulations, 2026
2 hours -
FET Auto introduces full GAC vehicle lineup to Ghanaian market
2 hours