The USA Poultry and Egg Export Council (USAPEEC) has assured consumers of a safe, highly nutritious and quality American imported chicken in the country.
“The United States is the largest food producer in the world, producing safe, high-quality chicken and ensuring a safety product for you and your family,” the Council said in a press statement.
This is as a response to doubts associated with the quality of imported poultry in Ghana.
USAPEEC touts itself for the production of high-quality American poultry and egg products which are exported throughout the world.
It also indicated that all U.S. poultry for export and local consumption is inspected and approved by the U.S. Department of Agricultures’ (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
Assuring the Ghanaian market and consumers, the organisation also added that, all U.S. chicken imports into Ghana is inspected by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Services and the Ghana Food and Drug Authority.
It also attributed the U.S. chicken naturally large and plump thanks to good breeding, proper nutrition, rigorous veterinary care and excellent living conditions.
“American chicken is a good source of niacin (vitamin B3), which aids in metabolism; vitamin B6, important to immune system and blood sugar level maintenance; biotin (vitamin B7), which helps cell growth; and vitamin B12, which is involved in the nerve cell and red blood cell maintenance.”
“Superior breeding stock, advanced feeding techniques and stringent controls mean that U.S. chickens are plump, tender, often exceptionally large, which is why the U.S. is renowned for producing among the best poultry in the world.”
These products, according to USAPEEC is produced in a highly regulated, controlled and hygienic facilities.
It added that the product is frozen to maintain optimal quality and nutritional value, and are shipped to import destinations under carefully-controlled cold chain conditions.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West
National best maize farmer calls on government to develop agricultural policies
We must reassess the composition of NDPC – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
#FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
Akufo-Addo has the power to allow #FixTheCountry protest – Martin Kpebu
Koforidua GPRTU urges drivers to remain calm over fuel adjustment
Orthopedic Association of Ghana wants immediate action on road accidents in Ghana
2021 VGMA: I want Diana Hamilton to win Artiste of the Year – Eno Barony
Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood