The manager of highlife musician Kwabena Kwabena, Nana Poku Ashis, has said that his artiste did not submit his music for nomination in the 2023 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) nominations.
Speaking on Adom FM’s weekend Entertainment Hall show, Ashis said that the ‘Adult Music’ hitmaker had noticed issues with the award schemes over the years that still persist in recent VGMA events.
He explained that among other things Kwabena Kwabena believes that artistes or their management should not also personally file nominations before their works are recognised by the scheme.
“We didn’t file for VGMA. For some reason, Kwabena Kwabena said some comments in the previous years, so he just wanted to stay away. He says some things weren’t going well. Looking for the artiste and writing emails and things didn’t sit well with him,” Ashis said.
The artiste manager added that “he (Kwabena Kwabena) doesn’t believe that as an artiste he is not supposed to file, and he thinks the older musicians are not given the privilege.”
Ashis noted that Kwabena Kwabena would return to the scheme when things are done right.
“He wants to stay back and soon when he thinks things are done well he will be back,” he told the host, Mike 2.
Meanwhile, Kwabena Kwabena released his 6th studio album Fa Me Saa on November 11, 2022 – a 14-track album comprising Ghana’s prime genre, Highlife and Afrobeats among other elements that make it certified.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Family of woman killed by police boyfriend at Asokore Mampong besiege court in Kumasi
- IMF programme under Akufo-Addo not new; we have advocated for this long ago – IEA
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Photos: Teshie residents demonstrate over poor roads
- Teshie residents demonstrate to demand better roads
- ‘Our roads look like galamsey sites’ – Angry Teshie residents protest deplorable roads
- NPP rejects ¢50k cheque from Bawumia Fun Club
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢2.08bn this week
- Chairman Wontumi: “We’ve ‘conglomerated’ here for… commencement of Suame Interchange, not cutting sod”
- FIFA U20 World Cup: Three African teams qualify to Round of 16, Senegal lose out
- King Charles III looks forward to a stronger UK and Nigeria friendship as Tinubu takes office
- Bond market: Trading volume declines 27.6%; market activity vibrant
- AO Holdings and Microsoft to empower Ghanaian NPOs with innovative solutions
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus