Musician Sista Afia says she is not bothered she did not win any award at the 22nd edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) ceremony.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM on Friday, she stated that she was not expecting to win any award.
“This is my second time being nominated. But, on a serious note, I am not really expecting it to happen. I have to keep working so that at the right time, it feels right,” Sista Afia told Andy Dosty, the host of the show.
Sista Afia was nominated in two categories, namely International Collaboration of the Year, for her song ‘Paper’ with Victor AD and Highlife Song of the Year with her song ‘Party’ featuring Fameye.
Kwesi Arthur picked the International Collaboration of the Year award with his song Baajo featuring JoeyBoy.
KiDi picked the Highlife Song of the Year with his hit song Enjoyment.
The ‘Jeje’ hitmaker stated that all nominated musicians worked hard in the year under review and deserved to win as much as she did.
However, she did not feel like she would win anything on the night, Sista Afia said.
“They were tough categories; everybody worked so hard. So, of course, I feel like there is more I could do because these guys are so good,” she said.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Livestream: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey