Vodafone Ghana donated ¢10,000 to the Ada Traditional Council to support this year’s Asafotufiami festival celebrations.
The donation is part of Telco’s commitment to promoting Ghana’s rich cultural heritage and strengthening its ties with the communities in which it operates.
Asafotufiami, which is celebrated by the people of Ada in the Eastern Region, commemorates the bravery of the ancestors and founding fathers who fought tirelessly and sacrificed to establish the town.
Speaking during the donation, Samuel Gyimah, Executive Head for Accra East, Vodafone Ghana, said, “Vodafone Ghana is pleased to be a part of the Asafotufiami festival.
“As a business, we strive to establish and maintain enduring relationships with various communities across the country, which include Ada, to transform lives and promote development.
“We wish you a wonderful celebration and look forward to strengthening our relationship with the chiefs and people of Ada.”
The Division Queen Mother of Adibiawe, Naana Adikia Adi I, who received the donation on behalf of the traditional council, thanked Vodafone Ghana for their unwavering support and expressed her gratitude to the company.
The festival has become one of the most highly anticipated festivals in the country and attracts thousands of patrons.
This year’s edition, which is the 85th, is themed “Uniting the Ada State through our cultural heritage and use of our natural resources.”
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region
- NPP sets Legal Directorate; appoints Gary Nimako as director
- Economic activity moderate as construction, port activities slowdown – BoG
- ‘Black Sherif’s album will do better than Shatta Wale and Sarkodie’s album’ – Bullgod
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- GNAT laments delay in release of SSNIT, Tier 2 pension contributions