Medical Officers at the West Gonja Hospital in Damongo of the Savannah Region have embarked on a strike.
They are withholding all medical services except for three emergency areas: medical, pediatric, and obstetric emergencies.
The strike action which started on Monday, January 24, has seen doctors referring patients outside the three emergency areas listed to seek healthcare elsewhere.
According to the Medical Officers, they feel unsafe practising the tenets of medicine in an unhealthy and unsafe environment, thus their decision.
Joynews has intercepted a letter dated Friday, January 21, 2022, and captioned, “RE: CONCERNS OF MEDICAL OFFICERS” addressed to the Diocesan Health Director of Damongo Diocese, Mr Ngmenbon Aiden.
It states that medical doctors are encountering some challenges since the resignations of the Medical Director and Clinical Coordinator of the Hospital, which according to them, create an unhealthy environment for work.
The letter was signed by Felix Kuubetesob, Kwesi Obeng Mensah, Danbeck Powell and Josebert Ayambire on behalf of their Colleagues.
In the letter, the doctors also expressed disappointment for not being directly engaged by authorities since the resignations of the two medical specialists coupled with the slow progress in solving the current impasse.
- 2 tigers belonging to businessman Freedom Jacob Caesar scare Ridge residents
- Having sexual intercourse while standing can cause stroke – Health experts warn
- Achimota Forest saga: We have suffered ‘grave historical injustice’ – Owoo family
- Medical Director robbed while conducting surgery
- Why #DampareMustGo is trending on Twitter
- Kwabena Agyepong denies receiving car bribe from Ibrahim Mahama to keep NPP in opposition
- My last birthday gift to my husband was sex
- Hospital dismisses claims of Osinachi’s corpse singing ‘Ekwueme’ at night
- ‘Do not get pregnant because of love’ – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Until AshGold and Kotoko play, no other match will be played’ – Nana Yaw Amponsah
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 20, 2022
Zelensky says US contributing to restoring peace to Ukraine￼
Ghana Paralympic team for Commonwealth Games calls for support to prepare ahead of event
School feeding caterers strike bites in Ashanti Region
Founder of Africa’s first electric vehicle nominated for top award
NPP Chairmanship Race: Main contender, Odeneho Kwaku Appiah poised to unseat Wuntumi
Over 30 NPP regional executive aspirants in Ashanti Region take turns before vetting committee
Court adjourns Ghana Mine Workers, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited case of wrongful laying off of over 200 staff
Court grants out of court settlement for Newmont
Restore benchmark value, extend tax amnesty – Dr. Ayim-Darke to government
Asabee tours Ashanti Region ahead of national executive elections
Businesses should reduce cost, not cut cost – Financial expert
BoG should not rush into increasing the policy rate – Badu Aboagye
North Korea: Fighting Covid with tea and saltwater
Forestry Commission to relocate 2 tigers from an Accra residence – Police