Residents in the Krachi West Municipality of the Oti Region can now heave a sigh of relief as construction work begins on all roads within the area.
The development follows years of neglect which has left all major roads in a deplorable state.
“Now after all these years, we can also boast of tarred roads in our towns and we are very happy,” a resident told JoyNews.
The 10km project which is being undertaken by the First Sky Construction Group is expected to be completed in 12 months.
Available information also indicates that other roads within the municipality will be upgraded to bituminous surface dressing.
Touching on the project, the Group Chairman of the First Sky Construction Limited, Dr. Eric Seddy Klutotse said the construction of the roads will open up the municipality to economic activities.
On his part, the Municipal Chief Executive of Krachi West, Douglas Osei Nti said he was optimistic the contractors will complete the project within the estimated timeframe.
According to him, the NPP-led administration has brought a lot of development to the region hence the need to give the Akufo-Addo government four more years to continue with its developmental projects.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
- Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
EU, partners host second multi-stakeholder roundtable on Cocoa
DR Congo Eid clashes: Court hands down death sentences
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
Twitter for iOS begins prompting users to enable App Tracking option
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open