The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) is set to hold a maiden job and career fair that will provide a platform for numerous job opportunities.
The fair is a two-day event scheduled for Thursday, September 9, and Friday, September 10, 2021, at the Accra International Conference Centre.
The Chief Executive Officer of YEA, Justin Kodua Frimpong, speaking on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen noted about 5,000 people are expected to apply for the event.
“It is the duty of YEA to help the youth find jobs. We have done some good works but more needs to be done so I will encourage the youth to take full advantage of the many career and networking opportunities that the Career Fair presents,” he urged.
He announced that about 70 companies have already expressed interest and registered for the fair and are willing to offer instant jobs to participants on the scheduled date.
Mr. Kodua stated that there will be live interview sessions for job seekers towards getting employed by some participating companies.
He explained it will be held in strict adherence to the Covid-19 safety protocols with maximum police protection assured.
Meanwhile, similar events are expected to take place in Ho, Koforidua, Takoradi, Kumasi, Sunyani, and other parts of the country in the coming days.
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea