Actress Yvonne Nelson has taken to her Instagram to paint a picture of what it would be like if someone tested positive for the coronavirus after flouting lockdown rules.
The post, which described the process as a lonely one, was to urge people to follow health directories and stay indoors.
“When loved ones are removed from your home by ambulance because the VIRUS’ has hit them hard, you are not going to be able to follow them there, sit by their hospital bed and hold their hand. You are not going to be able to pop in at 7.00 pm for visiting hours.”
“They are going to have no one other than exhausted and brave hospital staff to see them through days or weeks of barely breathing through a ventilator until they either die or recover,” Yvonne Nelson wrote.
She explained that because of the severity of the virus, patients cannot constantly text their family neither can they call in nurses as it happens in regular wards.
According to Yvonne Nelson, going through such tough times alone could be “terrifying” hence stated the need for individuals to stay home and stay safe.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer