The former boss of Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), Dr Kofi Koduah Sarpong, has been appointed as the Acting CEO of Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
His appointment is, however, subject to the approval of the Council of State.
Dr Sarpong who is also the former Executive Chairman of Kumasi Ashanti Kotoko football club, takes over from Alex Mould who was appointed, to head of the Corporation in 2013.
JOYBUSINESS understands he started working formally from the Corporation this Monday, albeit in an acting capacity.
Dr Sarpong recently stepped down as the Executive Chairman of Royal Bank Ghana to concentrate on some private work.
As part of his working experience, he has also served as the Deputy Chief Executive of Ghana Cocoa Board and also worked with Produce Buying Company Limited as the Deputy Managing Director (Finance and Administration).
Dr. K. K. Sarpong is a Chartered Accountant and also holds a Ph.D. in Industrial and Business Studies from the University of Warwick, M. Acc in International Accounting and Finance from the University of Glasgow.
He also holds an MBA in Accounting and B. Sc (Administration) Accounting Option from University of Ghana Legon.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services
- Nestle Ghana achieves 12.8% volume growth in 2018
- MTN launches 8th edition of Twin City Fest
- Time to invest in Africa is now – Bawumia woos investors
- Boeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
- Gov't expresses confidence in insurance recapitalisation process
- Accra Mall to introduce Family Club
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme