The former boss of Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), Dr Kofi Koduah Sarpong, has been appointed as the Acting CEO of Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
His appointment is, however, subject to the approval of the Council of State.
Dr Sarpong who is also the former Executive Chairman of Kumasi Ashanti Kotoko football club, takes over from Alex Mould who was appointed, to head of the Corporation in 2013.
JOYBUSINESS understands he started working formally from the Corporation this Monday, albeit in an acting capacity.
Dr Sarpong recently stepped down as the Executive Chairman of Royal Bank Ghana to concentrate on some private work.
As part of his working experience, he has also served as the Deputy Chief Executive of Ghana Cocoa Board and also worked with Produce Buying Company Limited as the Deputy Managing Director (Finance and Administration).
Dr. K. K. Sarpong is a Chartered Accountant and also holds a Ph.D. in Industrial and Business Studies from the University of Warwick, M. Acc in International Accounting and Finance from the University of Glasgow.
He also holds an MBA in Accounting and B. Sc (Administration) Accounting Option from University of Ghana Legon.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park