Dancehall artiste Jupitar has said Ghanaian artistes would sell their creativity well on the international stage if they record their songs in English as well as try other international languages.
Jupitar born Michael O. Mint made this known in an interview on 'Daybreak Hitz' on Hitz FM with KMJ.
The artiste noted that Ghanaians are often complacent which eventually limit their capabilities.
He used the legendary Ghanaian group Osibisa as an example saying they blew the international market because they never used the local dialect.
“Osibisa never used the local dialect. The only reason they blew the market is because of the dialect they used. I believe if Ghanaian artiste would minimize their use of local dialect and fuse in more of English language and other international dialects, we would sell our culture,” he said.
The ‘Enemies’ hit singer also said if one listens to his songs, there is no use of Ghanaian local dialect and that makes him the authentic dancehall artiste in Ghana.
He added that when it comes to authentic dancehall music in Ghana, “I own that space. If you check out Jupitar records you will never hear any local dialect. I just what to be a 100 percent dancehall artiste Africa has ever produced.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador