President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed a young entrepreneur and communications expert Fatimatu Abubakar as Deputy Communications Director at the Office of the President.
The appointment is line with Section 14 (2) of the Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012 which mandates the President to appoint people to serve in his government in writing.
By the appointment, Madam Abubakar is expected to serve in an acting capacity pending approval by the yet-to-be sworn in Council of State.
"I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your appointment," the President said in a letter.
Biography of Fatimatu Abubakar:
Fatimatu Abubakar, 30, hails from Garu in the Upper East Region. She is an LL.B Degree student at Mountcrest University College at Kanda, Accra.
She is a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Communications Team. She was a Campaign Aide to the President during the 2016 general elections.
Fatimatu holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and English Language from the University of Ghana, Legon. She is a former student leader in the capacity of Vice President of Akuafo Hall Junior Common Room in 2008. She also contested for the Coordinating Secretary of the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) in 2010.
She has varying experiences in the hospitality industry and public relations. She worked as a House Manager of the Lansdown Resort. She also worked at the Danquah Institute and SRM Engineering.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018