President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed a young entrepreneur and communications expert Fatimatu Abubakar as Deputy Communications Director at the Office of the President.
The appointment is line with Section 14 (2) of the Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012 which mandates the President to appoint people to serve in his government in writing.
By the appointment, Madam Abubakar is expected to serve in an acting capacity pending approval by the yet-to-be sworn in Council of State.
"I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your appointment," the President said in a letter.
Biography of Fatimatu Abubakar:
Fatimatu Abubakar, 30, hails from Garu in the Upper East Region. She is an LL.B Degree student at Mountcrest University College at Kanda, Accra.
She is a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Communications Team. She was a Campaign Aide to the President during the 2016 general elections.
Fatimatu holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and English Language from the University of Ghana, Legon. She is a former student leader in the capacity of Vice President of Akuafo Hall Junior Common Room in 2008. She also contested for the Coordinating Secretary of the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) in 2010.
She has varying experiences in the hospitality industry and public relations. She worked as a House Manager of the Lansdown Resort. She also worked at the Danquah Institute and SRM Engineering.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day