Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia has confirmed the Championship club have won the race to sign freed Chelsea captain John Terry.
The 36-year-old who made 717 appearances for the Stamford Bridge club was available on a free transfer after falling out of Antonio Conte's plans.
Birmingham City, Bournemouth, Brighton, West Brom and Swansea were all linked with the former England captain, but Villa have clinched the player's signature after Terry apparenly held discussions with manager Steve Bruce during a golf trip to the Algarve.
"Welcome JT to Birmingham city...Aston Villa🌈!#UTV! @AVFCOfficial Announcement shortly!," said Xia on Twitter on Monday.
Villa will hope Terry can inspire them to win promotion back to the Premier League under Bruce.
He will apparently sign a 12-month contract worth £60,000-a-week with the title favourites.
He arrives at Villa after winning the Champions League, the Europa League, five Premier Leagues, five FA Cups and three League Cups with Chelsea.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves
- Messi returns but Barca beaten at home by rampant Betis
- McDan Group takes boxing to Tamale
- Liverpool make hard work of victory over struggling Fulham
- Host Ghana name final squad for 2018 AWCON