One person is confirmed dead whiles six others were injured in a boat disaster in the Bui River at Bongase near Nsuoano in the Bono East Region.
Two out of those injured were said to be seriously injured and were part of the rest that were treated and discharged from the Bongose Government Hospital.
According to the Banda Ahenkrom District Director of the National Disaster Management Organisation, NADMO, Bashiru Adam Hassan, the victims on board, the boat were Seven in number, five women, including the deceased, and two men.
He told Joynews in a telephone interview that, only the boat operation is still lying in the Hospital.
“But the boat operator, Prosper Nsuoano case wasn’t so good. So, he was taken to the Bamboi Polyclinic in Savannah Region and he is on admission there.
And JoyNews sources at the Polyclinic confirmed that the boat operator was responding to treatment at the facility.
The District NADMO Boss said the Victims were from their base at Agbedeke, a fishing community around Agelele, an illegal mining site in the Bongose Traditional Area going to Bongase near Nsuoano.
“The boat operator said that when he first passed the place, the water level in the River was normal and he could see his way well.
“But on his return, the water had risen making it difficult for him to see clearly and the boat hit one of the stumps in the river leading to people falling into the water,” Mr Bashiru Hassan said.
Our sources in Bongase and Banda Ahenkrom stated that the canoe that sank into the water, is yet to be found.
“Yes, indeed, the engine boat can’t be found but today, I saw parts (wood) of the boat lying by the River Bank”, Mr Hassan stated.
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November