All is set for this year’s Ghana Ladies Open Golf Championship scheduled for the Celebrity Golf Course at Sakumono, near Tema on Saturday, March 28 and on Sunday, March 29.
Mrs Rita Dzubey, President of the Ghana Ladies Golf Union told GNA Sport in an interview at Tema on Monday that about 150 golfers are expected to participate in the two-day 36-Hole Gross event, which would be open to lady golfers from Ghana, Togo, Benin, Senegal and Sierra Leone.
The championship would be sponsored by Vanguard Assurance Company Limited.
Mrs Dzubey said the event, which would be played in accordance with the rules of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of Scotland and the local rules of the Celebrity Golf Club has Handicap 24 as the entry requirements.
She said there would also be Men’s Supporting event as well as Juniors Division which would begin on March 27.
Among an array of golfers who would be seen in action would include Clara Price, Mary Asafo-Adjaye, Francisca Vandyck, Mona Myles-Lamptey and Ama Morgan, all of the Achimota Golf Club.
39 prizes would be given out to the winners which would include the ‘Longest Drive on ‘Hole 18’, ‘Nearest to the Pin on Hole 17’ and ‘Hole-In-One’.
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
NDC executives were aware of Tema forum held by party bigwigs – Antwi-Boasiako
Legon Cities and Gulf Energy commission a 50-Bed facility for the Ghana Armed Forces training base at Bundase
LGBTQ: We cannot turn this country into a satanic one – Chieftaincy Minister rallies support from Chief Imam
Covid-19: If you miss 8-week window for 2nd jab, your protection isn’t gone – GHS on delay in vaccine procurement
Enforce law allows for unexplained wealth to be questioned – Prof Adei
Nobody can dictate to the media what to publish – Oppong Nkrumah
Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
Apostle Adjei’s case against EC boss adjourned to May 17
Drama as KiDi clashes with lookalike on live TV
2021 Imola GP: 5 Things We Learned
Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
Egg vendors in Kumasi lament about poor quality and sizes of eggs on the market
Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
Jobberman Ghana stirs initiative to enable SMEs hire the right way
‘Securing NDC’s Future’ forum alien to party executives – Peter Otokunor