Two persons have been lynched at Beaho in the Ahanta West Municipality of the Western Region for allegedly stealing a mobile phone.
The two were among a three-man syndicate who reportedly stole a smart phone at about 8:00am on Sunday.
The victim of the theft noticed his phone was missing. Upon confrontation, the suspects attempted to flee the scene.
However, two of the suspects were quickly apprehended by the irate youth and they were subjected to hours-long torture.
The Assembly member of the Beaho electoral area, Kenneth Obeng, who confirmed the news said they were pelted with stones and bricks to death.
The third suspect was subsequently nabbed and one of his hands was amputated.
He, however, managed to flee with his bloody hand and is still at large.
Eyewitnesses who spoke to Adom News disclosed that the area is a crime prone area, hence there is no mercy for any criminal who is caught.
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo