Police at Banda Nkwanta in the Bole District of the Savannah Region, have arrested and detained two suspects, one of them is a female, while two others, both males, are on the run.
According to the Police, the two suspects, Issah Bari, 34, and Amina Osman, 25, were spotted by area community volunteers in an unlawful gathering in front of a local guesthouse (Good Boss Guest House) in Banda Nkwanta Community between 9 and 10 pm on Sunday, May 29th, 2022.
They are alleged to have been planning to commit a crime, adding that they were arrested and handed over to the Police.
The two are being held in Police custody assisting with investigations while their accomplices who are on the run are being sought after.
A source at the Police Station tells JoyNews that a thorough search was conducted on the suspects and the following items were retrieved from them; a locally manufactured pistol, a dog chain, a long cutlass, three live cartridges and a knife.
The rest are; two packets of gold seal cigarettes, two caps, three smartphones, five key pad mobile phones, one light jacket, two shirts and an unspecified amount of money among others in their two separate bags.
According to the source, “all the four suspects are of Fulani extractions.”
He added that, “I think it’s even long overdue for the National Executives or Chiefs to call them to order or for the Police to streamline their activities in the communities they live because there is no way we can conduct a swoop due to the scattered nature of the environment here.”
Meanwhile, this arrest brings the number of crime related arrests in the Savannah Region to five.
On Sunday, three persons were arrested in connection with the murder of the late Lawyer Richard Badombia who was shot and killed on the Bole-Bamboi highway.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Majority leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT
- Sex is a very healthy aerobic exercise – Dr. Yaw Osarfo
- Four men jailed for molesting a teenager at Agogo
- ‘I’m excited to show everyone at Southampton what I can do’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu