Former Sports Minister Rashid Pelpuo believes this year promises to be a great year for the development of sports.
Ghana could not make much impact in sports last year since the junior national teams failed woefully to qualify for any major football event. The country’s hope of ending the year with a boxing champion was dashed after Joseph Agbeko failed to beat Mexican Abner Mares for the IBF bantamweight title.
Ghana will start this year with much expectation from the Black Stars to win the African cup of Nations title in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea this month.
Rashid Pelpuo who is now the Deputy Majority Leader in Parliament is hopeful the Black Stars will kick start what could be a successful year in general for Ghana sports this year.
“The year promises to be a great year for Ghana, it promises to deliver us the AFCON trophy and hopefully it will materialize. It is a year of high expectations of sporting development in Ghana”. He told Joy Sports.
“I have the confident that it is the year we can rely on as basis for further development of Ghana sports”.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- We need a national discussion on how to make Ghana’s debt sustainable – Ato Forson
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m