In Group B, the Satellites of Ghana hosts South Africa in the opening match on 9 March 2015 and Mali versus Zambia, both at the Caroline Faye Stadium. Three days later at the same venue, South Africa will engage and Mali whilst Zambia battles Congo.
COSAFA duo, South Africa and Zambia have been drawn together for the Orange Africa U-20 Championship Senegal 2015 that runs 8-22 March.
On 15 March 2015, Ghana will face Mali in an-all West African affair at the Caroline Faye Stadium whilst Southern African duo, South Africa and Zambia cross swords at the Leopold Senghor Stadium.
On 14 March 2014, it will be Senegal versus Congo at the Leopold Senghor Stadium and Nigeria against Cote d’Ivoire at the Caroline Faye Stadium in Mbour, located along the coast of the West African country.
The only two teams from Southern Africa were housed together in Group B alongside Ghana and Mali during the draw of the championship held on Sunday, 21 December 2014 in Cairo, Egypt.
CAF General Secretary, Hicham El Amrani conducted the draw and was assisted by CAF Executive Committee member, Amadou Diakite, who doubles as President of the Organising Committee of the African U-20 Championship.
Hosts Senegal, Nigeria, Congo and Cote d’Ivoire are drawn in Group A.
The opening game of the 19th edition of the biennial championship will see hosts Senegal squaring Nigeria at the Leopold Senghor Stadium in Dakar on 8 March 2015 before Congo welcomes Cote d’Ivoire later in the other game of the first day.
Three days on, Nigeria’s Flying Eagles will face Congo whilst hosts Senegal lock horns with Cote d’Ivoire in an-all Francophone affair, both at the Leopold Senghor Stadium.
The semi-finalists will represent the continent at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day
- Queen Elizabeth II died of “old age” – Death certificate reveals
- Uganda gives green light to organ transplants
- Peace deal’ signed by Nigerian presidential rivals
- Mozambique police urges ‘knives and machetes’ war on jihadists
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- From Eric’s Diary: Why the deadline for SIM re-registration will be extended
- Cedi depreciation may force marginal increase in price of petrol, LPG from October 1, 2022
- Today’s front pages: Friday, September 30, 2022
- West African leaders in Mali over detained Ivorians
- NCA, AG dragged to court over directives on SIM re-registration