Audio By Carbonatix
The 2021 Confederations Cup will not be held in Qatar, FIFA announced on Wednesday. Jerome Valcke, FIFA secretary general, said the tournament will be played “in an Asian country”, but Qatar had been ruled out because of its climate.
The tournament, which pits the following year’s World Cup hosts and the World Cup holders with the champions of the six FIFA confederations, is traditionally held in the country that will stage the next year’s World Cup.
Valcke added that the country that will host the tournament has not yet been decided. On Tuesday, a FIFA task force made a provisional recommendation for the World Cup to start on November 26 and end on December 23, 2022, because of fears over the Gulf country’s climate.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
1 hour -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
1 hour -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
2 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
2 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
3 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
3 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
3 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
3 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours