Takoradi-born artiste, Martin King Arthur, popularly known as Kofi Kinaata, has bagged the most prestigious award at the just ended Ghana Music Awards USA.
Kofi Kinaata was crowned the Artiste of the Year at the event which took place in the Lincoln Theater on the 769 E Long Street of Columbus, Ohio.
He beat stiff competition from last year’s winner, Diana Hamilton, as well as Black Sherif, KiDi, Kuami Eugene, Sarkodie and Stonebwoy.
Rapper, Black Sherif also walked home with the Hip-hop/Highlife Artiste of the Year and the New Artiste of the Year awards.
Diana Hamilton is Female Vocalist of the Year and Akwaboah won Male Vocalist of the Year. The Most Popular Song of the Year is Okyeame Kwame’s ‘Yeeko’ featuring Kuami Eugene and Epixode won Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
The Lynx Entertainment boys were not exempted. While Kuami Eugene walked away with the Sound Engineer/Producer of the Year, KiDi swept the Afrobeat/Afropop Artiste of the Year award.
See the winners below:
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- George Floyd: Ex-officer J Alexander Kueng sentenced for manslaughter
- Ukraine war: US says Iran now Russia’s ‘top military backer’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Minority’s failed censure motion and Ghana’s debt exchange programme
- US sports journalist dies in Qatar during Argentina v Netherlands game
- Kweku Antwi Boasiako: Etymology of husband and wife
- World Cup 2022: Brazil ‘in pain’ after exit on penalties against Croatia
- World Cup 2022: Messi the master as Argentina beat Netherlands in chaotic Qatar classic
- Newmont Ahafo Mine recognised for spearheading Agricultural Development in Ahafo
- DBG participates in AADFI CEOs FORUM for African DFIs
- Kuami Eugene, Adina, Joe Mettle, Lasmid and others to thrill fans at 2022 MTN Carols Night
- Government to set up Agricultural Development Zone in Northern Region
- Remembrance yields praises —Elder Nana Amo Tobin
- How long does it take to fall in love?
- Ghana Cedi: From worst to best performer against dollar
- COVID-19: Vulnerable populations face higher burden of morbidity and mortality – Health Minister