The 3rd edition of The Africa Regional Journal (TARJ) Forum and trade fair which seeks to promote made in Africa products and services and honour distinguished achievers and personalities on the African continent will be opened in the Rwandan political capital, Kigali, on 26th November 2021.
The theme for the awards is “Promoting Free Movement of persons, goods and services across Africa”, whilst the theme for the forum is “The African Free Continental Area, a great opportunity for Africa”.
The event which is expected to serve as a platform for business development will bring together businesses and investors on the continent and the world over with the aim of promoting trade and economic development in Africa.
The occasion will equally be used to recognise and reward achievers and business as well as organisational leaders like the current Secretary General of the World Trade Organization (WTO), Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who have excelled in their vocations and businesses in Africa.
The two day event, which starts from 26th November to 27th November 2020 will consist of a forum, seminar, exhibition and awards with the aim of promoting made in Africa products and services.
Speakers at the forum will include Dr. Mrs Helen Ndidiamaka Godswill Solomon; Dr, Victor Adoji, Economist; Silvie Potignon, Founder and Director of Sofa Services in Congo; Marlon Weir, CEO, Africamarket.com in Rwanda; Louis Yaw Afful , Executive Director, Women in Africa Network; Dr. Genevieve Duncan Obuobi, Banking and SME consultant; Ogochukwu Chidibere Nweke, Vice President of Synergies institute Ghana and Jean Malic Kalima, President, Rwanda Mining Association and Director Wolfram Mining and Processing,
As part of the programme, about 100 inspiring individuals will be listed under the African Regional Awards. Others will be honoured with the TWARM Achievers, business and leadership awards in recognition of achievers and excellence in the region.
The event has been introduced to promote regional economic infrastructure and trade expansion in Africa, through the publication of annual in-depth research on African economies and trade developments.
The title sponsor for the event is the African Regional Journal with M&C Global as the second title sponsor. Other sponsors include BSystems, Wolfram Mining and Processing Limited, People Pay, Made in Africa and JRA cosmetics.
The Director General of the World Trade Organization Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said “I am honoured to receive this distinction and to be recognised as one of the inspiring individuals in Africa for the 2021 edition of the TARJ forum and Exhibition’.
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Burkina Faso junta leader confirms fresh coup attempt
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- NDC demands immediate release of arrested party fan
- We won’t approve 2023 budget if sector ministers don’t appear in Parliament – Minority
- World Cup 2022: Ghana aim for revenge against Uruguay for 2010 exit
- World Cup: Uruguay score quick-fire double against Ghana
- Ghana’s food security situation remains strong – Agric Minister
- Russian invasion must not succeed – Archbishop
- Akufo-Addo urges farmers to support fight against galamsey
- 2022 World Cup: Baba Rahman, Alidu Seidu return to Ghana’s starting XI to face Uruguay
- Ukraine war: Russia demands annexations recognised before talks
- Manwerehene pleads with striking Manhyia hospital nurses to return to post
- ADB Plc appoints Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as Managing Director
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia