Falling in love with someone is a great feeling, but falling in an utter reciprocated love with someone special is like oxygen to the soul.
Everyone at some point in their lives wishes to experience this awesome feeling called love and have someone that understands them and knows exactly how to get them smiling always.
Love, like any other thing, requires communication. And there are some languages that only these two lovers could understand and communicate with to build a strong and an amazing partnership [Love language].
It sometimes gets disturbing when people realise they still have not been able to discover their primary love language and that is how they prefer to express love and be shown love.
Global CEO, The Hud Group, Dr. Yaw Perbi has enlightened individuals on the five love languages and how essential it is for everyone who desires to experience the sweet feeling of love.
The five love languages are:
- Acts of service
- Quality time
- Words of affirmation
- Physical touch
- Acts of service.
One of the ways people express love is by rendering services to relieve the people they love hence they carry out certain duties that they know is a burden to their loved ones, sometimes even without being asked.
Some of these could be helping with chores, assignments, project work or even running errands. This group of people also want to be shown love in this same way.
Like the name suggests, some individuals express their love and concern by giving thoughtful gifts no matter how small and expects to be loved in this same way. “It doesn’t have to big but just the fact that you thought of me”, he mentioned.
- Quality time
Most individuals love to spend undivided time with the people they love and they consider that as more intimate.
“Sometimes there’s a variation of that because some people, it’s not just the fact that you’re sitting with me we’re talking, but sometimes it’s recreational so come play golf with me or let’s watch a movie together that is still quality time”, the CEO shared.
- Words of affirmation
For others, hearing sweet and encouraging words from the people they love is the best thing they could ever experience. That little compliment on how beautiful they look or mentioning how proud you are of them could go a very long way. This makes them feel very much appreciated and valued.
- Physical touch
Physical touch seems to be the most dominant love language for many people especially the guys. According to Dr. Perby, this should not necessarily be sexual, it could just be the simplest non-sexual affection like a back rub, holding of hands or even putting the head on a lover’s shoulder.
Why you need to identify your love language?
Speaking on Prime Morning, Dr. Yaw Perby mentioned that knowing one’s love language is very paramount in every relationship, it makes loving more comfortable and easier. He mentioned that, in situations where the two individuals have different love languages, the focus should be on pleasing the other party instead of one being self-centered.
“Love is about sacrifice”, he said.
How to identify one’s love language
For individuals that do not know what exactly their love language is, they could achieve that either through;
This entails analysing one’s own self and coming up with personal expectations on how they feel when certain acts are expressed to them.
- Through feedback
The other way to identify one’s love language is through the feedback they get from others. Sometimes this could be achieved by asking people what they have observed about them and what they think could be their primary love language.
“The 5 love languages” is a book that was originally written by Gary Chapman and published in 1992 after he discovered through several counselling sessions that there was a particular pattern by which people expressed and felt to be loved.
This book has been read by millions of people.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices
- Policy rate increase will exacerbate challenges confronting businesses, hamper growth and employment – GNCCI
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris