Seven more Ghanaians have succumbed to the Covid-19 virus according to the Ghana Health Service (GHS).
The Service’s dashboard reveals that some 650 new infections were recorded as of January 7, 2022.
This brings the number of active cases in the country to 11,403 and 139,508 recoveries /discharges.
Out of the active cases, 39 of them are severe while 9 patients are in critical condition.
Cumulatively, 152,243 cases have been confirmed so far.
1,332 people have died in Ghana since the pandemic broke out in March 2022.
Greater Accra Region – 84,714; Ashanti Region – 22,099; Western Region – 8,119; Eastern Region – 6,903; Volta Region – 5,744; Central Region – 5,342; Bono East Region – 2,875; Bono Region – 2,240; Northern Region – 1,808; Upper East Region – 1,644; Ahafo Region – 1,119; Western North Region – 1,094; Oti Region – 914; Upper West Region – 805; North East Region – 318; Savannah Region – 291
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Ghanaians are oblivious of dangers of terrorism – Dr. Vladimir Antwi-Danso
Premier League approves Chelsea takeover deal by Todd Boehly consortium
Don’t be local champions — Camidoh advises artistes
Memorial lecture to be held in honour of Kojo Bentsi-Enchill Letsa
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana commends Land Minister but demands commission of inquiry into Achimota Forest lands controversy
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption
Lack of law enforcement to blame for poor planning, land use by local assemblies – Legal Practitioner
Mayor of New York to support Ghana’s tourism drive
Actor Jamie Bartlett dies aged 55
Adwoa Safo expected to appear before Privileges Committee on May 27