Audio By Carbonatix
The Nigerian authorities have announced the resumption of catering services on domestic and international flights.
The services were banned last year as part of measures to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Nigeria’s Aviation Minister Hadi Sirika said the decision was taken in light of businesses that had been affected by the ban.
The protocols for the resumption of the services, however, will be announced in due course by the civil aviation authority, NCAA, he said.
“The [presidential task force on Covid-19] has decided that this catering service resumes immediately while the process and procedure will be communicated to the airlines via NCAA in due course,” he said at a media briefing on Monday.
The authorities also reiterated their plan to resume flights in Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu airports.
@hadisirika reiterated the plan to resume international flight operations at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu and the Port Harcourt International Airport.... Read more https://t.co/VjPvJ9hNgk pic.twitter.com/e7hdGxbbQS
— Federal Ministry of Aviation, Nigeria (@fmaviationng) March 23, 2021
Latest Stories
-
Eleven remanded over land guard case activities
4 hours -
Air Force One set for makeover paint job with new colours
4 hours -
Bodo/Glimt stun Inter Milan to continue fairytale
4 hours -
Ga Mantse stable after early morning accident
4 hours -
Pressure mounts as Arsenal blow 2-goal lead to draw at Wolves
4 hours -
Club Brugge fight back to leave Atletico tie delicately poised
5 hours -
Benfica claim ‘defamation campaign’ against Prestianni
5 hours -
Sinner and Alcaraz reach Qatar quarter-finals
5 hours -
Kenpong Travel and Tours to launch 2026 World Cup travel package on Friday
5 hours -
‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
5 hours -
Provider – A new gospel anthem of faith, hope, and divine supply
5 hours -
MOBA heads to Accra Ridge for 11th National Conference on Feb 21
5 hours -
Ghana’s Doris Quainoo clocks new PB 8.23s to claim second place at Jarvis City Invite
5 hours -
Spain luxury hotel scammer booked rooms for one cent, police say
6 hours -
Zuckerberg defends Meta in landmark social media addiction trial
6 hours
