Audio By Carbonatix
Minister for Lands and Natural Resources, Samuel Abdulai Jinapor says the Asantehene’s involvement in the fight against Galamsey is very encouraging.
Speaking to Sampson Lardy Anyenini on Newfile Saturday, Mr Jinapor stated that the Asantehene is a man of great influence and moral authority. Thus, his involvement in the galamsey fight is a step in the right direction.
“The Asantehene’s presence at the consultation held in Kumasi was a big impetus to efforts we are making to fight the galamsey menace and we are highly appreciative of that,” he stated.
Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II participated in the maiden Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining held in Kumasi recently.
In response to a question whether he would say that so far the fight against galamsey has been good, Mr Jinapor said " I am not sure about so far so good".
“I am told that as a result of the measures we put in place, the River Pra and River Oteng are beginning to recover, It's early days yet. I don't want to be ahead of myself," he explained.
"This is a collective effort by both members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in Parliament and I thank them all. The support and initiatives suggested by these legislators to eradicate the menace have been massive," he stated.
Latest Stories
-
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
15 minutes -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
26 minutes -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
48 minutes -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
51 minutes -
Persons with disabilities are not objects of pity — Volta Social Welfare Director urges mindset shift
1 hour -
Burkina Faso attack: Desist from sharing gory images of victims – Muntaka
1 hour -
Political scientist supports NDC dual-role directive, calls for legal backing
1 hour -
GH¢5.7bn haemorrhage: Ghana’s tomato crisis exposed as Chamber of Agribusiness unveils 2030 rescue plan
1 hour -
Fifi Kwetey slams opponents of directive on dual roles as ‘greedy’ and ‘mercenaries’
2 hours -
Analyst condemns victim-shaming in Russian exploitation saga
2 hours -
Ghana’s Blue Economy in 2026: Taking actions now, leveraging blue resources for sustainable growth
2 hours -
I was once a ‘Bob no rank’; Everybody will have their turn — Afenyo to TESCON members
2 hours -
Tony Aidoo urges NDC to focus on policy communication, not personal praise for Mahama
2 hours -
Akuafoɔ Anidasoɔ: A new dawn for Ghana’s farmers
3 hours -
NTC announces eligibility criteria and registration details for 2026 GTLE 1
3 hours
