Audio By Carbonatix
Comedian Bill Cosby, who has spent the last three years serving a prison term in Pennsylvania on a sexual assault conviction, responded to being denied parole in an Instagram post over the weekend.
Last week, the Pennsylvania Parole Board rejected the request for parole after Cosby, 83, declined to participate in a therapy program for sexually violent predators. His spokesperson Andrew Wyatt said at the time the denial was expected.
“He called me and told me that if he didn’t take the course, he would be denied. He has maintained his innocence from the beginning,” said Wyatt. This opportunity for parole was the first since he was handed the three-to10-year sentence.
Cosby was convicted in 2018 of three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia home in 2004. However, he has always maintained his innocence in that case and in multiple accusations by other women.
On Saturday, a new message was posted to his Instagram account reiterating what the charges against him were and accusing the media of manipulating public perception.
In December, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court heard arguments on whether or not Cosby received a fair trial. The court has not yet issued a ruling.
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
3 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
3 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
3 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
4 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
4 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
4 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
4 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
4 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
4 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
4 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
4 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
4 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
4 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
6 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
6 hours
