Audio By Carbonatix
Four children have died after drowning in the Lake Volta at Konkoma, a suburb of Yeji in the Pru East District of the Bono East Region.
The deceased are Ibrahim Abdul Kadri, 8, Mubarik Aziz, 12, Aliu Nasiru Mayachi, 6 and Umaru Nasiru Mayachi, 11.
The quartet was reported missing on Monday, February 28, 2022.
However, speaking to Graphic Online, the Pru East District Police Commander DSP Eric Awiadeam said the bodies of the children were found in the lake on Tuesday.
According to DSP Awiadeam, one Nashiru Mayachi and the Assemblyman of the Konkoma Electoral Area, Philip Ngyemenko divulged the information to the police.
Subsequently, a team together with the complainants proceeded to Konkoma, a community closer to the Volta lake.
Upon reaching the scene, he said the bodies of the deceased were found, lying in supine positions with blood oozing from their nostrils.
DSP Awiadeam said police inspected the bodies but found no marks of violence on them.
He noted that police retrieved the bodies and had commenced investigation to unravel the circumstances that led the four children to drown in Volta Lake.
He also added that the bodies had been deposited at St Mathias Catholic Hospital mortuary at Yeji for preservation and autopsy.
Latest Stories
-
Fact-check: Did GoldBod make a loss in 2025? Here’s what the records show
10 minutes -
Rev. Adzraku Kevi calls for more women in leadership
12 minutes -
Dagbon Kingdom suspends Damba Festival to honour late Overlord
14 minutes -
Harry and Meghan’s UK security arrangements remain a ‘private matter’ – Andy Burnham
19 minutes -
At least 15 killed in Kyiv as Ukraine grapples with air defence shortages
22 minutes -
Existing banking model could draw a dagger through Ghana’s 24-Hour Economy
29 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Heartbreak for Techiman SHS as Wesley High edge them by one point in prelims
33 minutes -
IES demands release of July 29 blackout report after latest nationwide outage
46 minutes -
Eastern TESCON backs Boakye Agyarko for NPP National Chairman
51 minutes -
Eduwatch demands review of BOGISS decision against 14-year-old alleged sexual abuse victim
57 minutes -
Banking sector was undercapitalised for much of decade preceding 2017 cleanup – Opoku-Afari
58 minutes -
Togo charges two French journalists over incorrect documents, rights group says
59 minutes -
Education Ministry condemns alleged sexual abuse of BOGISS student
1 hour -
Lawyers challenge demolition of elderly woman’s Oyarifa residence, demand formal engagement
1 hour -
Change in mode of support package for Ghanaians returning from South Africa delayed announcement – MTN Board Chairman
1 hour