Audio By Carbonatix
The World Health Organization (WHO) has donated emergency medical supplies to the Ministry of Health in response to the fuel tanker disaster that has fatally affected over 80 persons.
Dr. Moses Jeuronlon, WHO Officer in Charge, said during the handing-over of the medical supplies that the supplies were WHO initial support to ensure the timely provision of urgently needed medical care for the victims of the explosion.
To ease the burden on the already outstretched health facilities in the affected county, WHO donated items including injectable analgesics, assorted antibiotics, intravenous fluids, materials and supplies for wound dressing, examination, and surgical gloves, among others.
Receiving the donated items, the Honorable Minister of Health, Dr Wilhelmina Jallah, commended WHO for the timely donations to the MOH in response to the fuel tanker disaster.
Dr Jallah said WHO has always been a reliable partner and supporter in difficult times and the emergency medical supplies will be used immediately to alleviate the sufferings of people in various hospitals where victims are being treated in Bong, Nimba, and Montserrado Counties.
According to initial statistics provided by the Medical Director of the Phebe Hospital in Bong County, 82 cases (79 males and 3 females) have been reported with 42 severely injured persons referred to the John F Kennedy Medical Center and the 14 Military and ELWA Hospitals in Monrovia. Additional two victims were transferred to Ganta United Methodist Hospital in Nimba County. So far, up to 4 deaths have been reported by hospital sources.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of World Health Organization - Liberia.
Latest Stories
-
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
35 minutes -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
2 hours -
Baffoe-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy’ against Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin
2 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
3 hours -
GIPA secures investor leads at Invest Fest 2026
3 hours -
Ghana’s missing billions: What 16 years of Auditor-General reports show
3 hours -
Police disown viral flyer on AirPods, earphones use while driving
3 hours -
Stop using media to challenge judicial decisions – Thaddeus Sory to lawyers
3 hours -
The next generation expects more than degrees from universities
3 hours -
Ebenezer Dwomoh to stage fourth stand-up comedy special in Kumasi
3 hours -
Central Regional Minister urges traditional leaders to hold public officials accountable
3 hours -
Ada Traditional Council suspends four members for defying cancellation of 2026 Asafotufiami durbar
3 hours -
Association of Small-scale Industries, GEA strengthen artisans through mentorship, coaching
3 hours -
Two arrested over alleged galamsey activities in Tanoso
3 hours -
Ghana rises to sixth-largest gold producer globally after record 2025 output
3 hours