Audio By Carbonatix
Taylor Swift's father will not be charged over accusations he assaulted a paparazzo in Australia.
Ben McDonald, 51, told police Scott Swift, 72, struck him in the face on a Sydney wharf on 27 February. He did not need medical help.
A spokesperson for Swift at the time said two people had been behaving aggressively towards the megastar.
After a month-long investigation, New South Wales police on Tuesday said no further action would be taken.
The confrontation happened after Mr Swift and his daughter disembarked from a yacht, in the hours after her final Eras Tour show in Sydney.
A video published by Australian media shows the singer, who is concealed beneath an umbrella, walking with her father and security guards along Neutral Bay Wharf at about 02:30 local time (15:30 GMT).
Cameras flash before two voices - reported to be a photographer and a guard - accuse each other of touching umbrellas. It is unclear whether the footage captures the alleged incident.
Mr McDonald previously told the BBC Swift was already inside a car when Mr Swift "charged in" and attacked him without provocation.
"I've been doing this for 23 years and I haven't been in a situation where someone's hit me in the chops," he said.
However, the singer's representative said: "Two individuals were aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water."
Known as "Papa Swift" by fans of the pop icon, Mr Swift has been accompanying his daughter on her global Eras Tour and left the country shortly after the incident.
Latest Stories
-
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
42 minutes -
New Horizon Fun Games: Vice President calls for stronger national commitment to inclusion
2 hours -
Prof. Amoah warns Africa against becoming China’s ‘Dumping Ground’
2 hours -
President Mahama commissions B5 Plus Steel Ball Mill and Manufacturing Plant to ignite industrial revolution
3 hours -
Fighters demand amnesty for cannabis convicts following massive policy shift
4 hours -
Don’t cancel the pension scheme for cocoa farmers
4 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: CJ’s ‘No Prima Facie’ ruling and Burkina Faso bloodshed
5 hours -
Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran
6 hours -
Strategic voices of the opposition: Miracles Aboagye’s field advocacy and Akosua Manu’s communication shape NPP’s path forward?
6 hours -
Trump plans new 10% tariff as Supreme Court rejects his global import taxes
7 hours -
Ghana can supply steel to entire West Africa if domestic steel industry thrives – Mahama
7 hours -
Gyakie appreciates media houses for continued support
8 hours -
Imprisonment isn’t hopelessness – Ahafo GTA Regional Director tells inmates
8 hours -
GH¢150m allocated for Black Stars’ 2026 World Cup preparations — Ernest Norgbey
9 hours -
Strong food policies will protect the Ghanaian consumer against Non-Communicable Diseases – Groups
9 hours
