Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of the Interior has lifted the restriction on the use of motorbikes in Binduri Township and surrounding communities in the Upper East Region, ending a security measure that had been in place for more than a month.
The restriction, which took effect on April 28, 2026, was introduced following an attack on a Ghana Armed Forces convoy in the area that resulted in the deaths of three civilians. Authorities said the measure was necessary to help restore calm and support security operations.
Announcing the decision in a statement issued on Tuesday, June 16, the Ministry said residents could resume the use of motorbikes with immediate effect.
“The Ministry of the Interior wishes to inform residents of Binduri Township and its environs in the Upper East Region that the restriction on the use of motorbikes imposed on April 28, 2026, has been lifted with immediate effect,” the statement said.
The ban formed part of a series of security interventions implemented after the attack, amid concerns over escalating tensions and threats to public safety in the area.
Interior Minister Mohammed Muntaka Mubarak had previously explained that the restriction was intended to maintain law and order, safeguard lives and property, and support ongoing security operations.

Latest Stories
-
Agotime Kente Festival celebrates heritage, weaving and cultural identity
1 minute -
Mahama announces new strategy to keep galamseyers out of reclaimed forest reserves
6 minutes -
KFC Ghana and the Gh¢15 promotion: Where does corporate responsibility begin?
8 minutes -
Ahafo Minister cuts sod for 24-hour market project in Tano North Â
19 minutes -
14 arrested over suspected narcotics cultivation, distribution in Upper East
22 minutes -
Lands Minister backs calls for strategic investor to revive VALCO
25 minutes -
Non-interest bonds could help finance Ghana’s hospitals, roads and schools – Dr Shaibu Ali
32 minutes -
Accra High court halts Buffer Stock trial pending Supreme Court ruling on vacation sittings
37 minutes -
Teshie Telephone Pole residents appeal for urgent action over prolonged water shortage
40 minutes -
Understanding significance of investments
45 minutes -
KMA donates 400 recycled plastic desks to four Kumasi SHSs
49 minutes -
IES calls for enforcement of Ghana’s Domestic Market Obligation as TOR resumes operations
52 minutes -
Galamsey destroying fish farms, threatening aquaculture – Fisheries Commission
1 hour -
Adu-Boahene trial put on hold pending Supreme Court decision on legal vacation
1 hour -
Toxic exposure from galamsey puts elderly at greater risk of kidney damage — Public health expert
2 hours