Audio By Carbonatix
A Canadian couple died in a hot tub after the husband suffered a fatal heart attack and squashed his wife, it has been reported.
Named locally as Charles McKenzie, 67, and Dorothy McKenzie, 63, the pair had been staying at the Playaca Palace in Mexico, where they were due to watch their daughter’s marriage.

According to an official the couple, who were from Nova Scotia, were found “in a sexual embrace” on the morning of 10 November, two days before the wedding ceremony was due to take place.
Mrs McKenzie, 63, died from “asphyxiation by submersion” after she was pinned under the water by the weight of her husband’s body, an official said.
A spokesman for the hotel told The Star that the couple’s family were being assisted by hotel staff.
Spokesman Francois Lasalle, from the Department of Foreign Affairs, confirmed the deaths of two Canadians to the media and said consular officials were helping the couple’s family and friends.
“Canadian consular officials in Playa del Carmen, Mexico are in contact with local authorities to gather additional information,” he said.
Latest Stories
-
Kingsford Boakye-Yiadom nets first league goal for Everton U21 in Premier League 2
49 minutes -
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
3 hours -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
4 hours -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
4 hours -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
4 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
4 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
4 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
4 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
4 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
4 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
5 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
5 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
5 hours
