Alhassan Yakubi-Tali, Deputy Managing Director of Agricultural Development Bank has been appointed the substantive MD of the bank.
He takes over from Dr. John Kofi Mensah, who retires at the end of November 2022.
Mr. Yakubu-Tali has been with ADB since 2017, having worked with many multinational banks including HSBC, Lehman Brothers Investment Bank, Bank of Tokyo and Fimat International Bank.
He holds an MBA (Marketing) from the City University, Bellevue, USA (Frankfurt Campus); B.S. (Business Administration), also from the City University, Bellevue, USA (Frankfurt Campus); Diploma 2 (Business Administration) from West London College, London and Diploma 1 (Business Administration) from West London College, London.
He’s expected to lead the management and staff of ADB to grow the bank to become a “strong customer-centric bank, providing profitable and diversified financial services for a sustained contribution to agricultural development” in the country.
He is married and fluent in German, English, Hausa and Dagbani.
Dr. Mensah bids farewell to ADB
Meanwhile, ADB has announced the retirement of Dr. John Kofi Mensah as Managing Director, effective the end of November 2022 after serving for five years in the role.
Appointed in August 2017, ADB PLC has seen a significant transformation from a loss making Bank in 2015/16 to a consistent profit making bank during his tenure.
He led a strategic vision of refocusing the bank to its core mandate of agricultural financing with the aim of ensuring a significant portion of its loan portfolio was dedicated to the agricultural sector and also increased the number of branches of the Bank from 78 in 2016 to 87 by the end of this year.
With a remarkable banking career of more than three decades, Dr. Kofi Mensah has positioned ADB stronger than it was in 2016 with a significant growth in assets, deposits and consistent profit growth.
The Board Chairman, Dasaabre Akuamoah Agyepong II thanked Dr. Kofi Mensah for his contribution towards the growth of the Bank “On behalf of the Board, Management and Staff we wish to thank Dr. Kofi Mensah for his remarkable contribution towards the growth and development of ADB.”
According to the ADB Board Chairman, Dr. Kofi Mensah’s tenure will be remembered for the numerous positive changes that he spearheaded including the bank being the first in the country to establish the Security Operating Centre (SOC) and also the attestation and certification of the Bank in a number of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certificates and the refocusing of the Bank to its core mandate of agricultural financing.
On his part, the outgoing Managing Director thanked the Board, Management and Staff for their support during his tenure which led to the stability and growth it witnessed over the period.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair
- Assayer in court over $18m gold scam
- #6thSenseonJoyPrime: Economic situation cause of Ghana’s moral bankruptcy – Angela Bamford