Ms. Yacine Fal has been appointed as the Acting Vice President, Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB).
Her appointment took effect on December 17, 2021. Ms Fal will occupy such position till a substantive Vice President is appointed. She served as the Director General, Cabinet Office of the President prior to her recent appointment.
In that position, she provided oversight of all units and departments as well as enhanced delivery, efficiency and effectiveness for all Presidential initiatives and Bank operations, as per agreements with respective Vice Presidency Complexes.
Ms Fal also oversaw the work of senior staff to improve overall coordination and engagement of the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors with the Board.
Ms. Fal, a Senegalese citizen, is a seasoned and results-oriented business development and service delivery professional with over 20 years of experience in the banking, legal and procurement fields.
She holds a Master of Law degree (1984) from the University of Dakar, where she specialized in corporate and tax law, and a postgraduate degree in International Law (1987) from the University of Paris X.
Ms. Fal joined the African Development Bank as Principal Legal Counsel in the procurement unit (1998-2007) and subsequently served as Manager in charge of the reform implementation team in the office of the President (2007-2008).
She was appointed Officer in Charge of the Procurement and Fiduciary Services Department (2010-2011); and Manager of the Procurement Services Division (2008-2013). Ms. Fal later served as the Resident Representative of the Bank’s Morocco Office (2014-2017).
In 2016, African Development Bank President, Dr Akinwumi A. Adesina appointed Ms. Fal Deputy Director General of the North Africa Business Development and Service Delivery Office. She was appointed Director General, Cabinet Office of the President, in November 2020.
Commenting on her appointment, Ms. Fal expressed gratitude for the honour done her and pledged to give her utmost best to ensure the objectives of the Group are met.
“I am greatly honoured by the confidence reposed in me by President Adesina in appointing me into this role as Acting Vice President for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery. I will bring my extensive knowledge and experience of the Bank’s operations and on-the-ground experience working in various countries and regions to support our director general and country managers.
I will also work closely with the Bank’s operational complexes and the Senior Management team, to build on our achievements and further enhance effectiveness in the delivery of quality operations for the Bank.”
On his part, the President of the Group spoke highly of Ms Fail and is optimistic she will carry out her mandate with diligence and professionalism.
Dr Adesina said: “Yacine Fal is one of the most experienced leaders in the African Development Bank Group. She has managed large and complex African Development Bank operations involving several countries. She was Country Manager responsible for the Bank’s operations in Morocco and later in Tunisia, where she was Deputy Director General in charge of operations in several countries.
Until her appointment, she has been Director General in the Cabinet Office of the President. Yacine is an astute and effective leader who builds and inspires teams to work effectively in delivering results. She will deliver quality leadership for the directors General and country managers and work effectively with all other vice presidents of the Bank to further enhance the delivery and quality of our operations until a new substantive vice president is appointed.”
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Robert Amartey Foundation holds tennis clinic
- NSMQ 2023: GSTS topples St Johns SHS in electrifying contest to qualify for Nationals
- Do what is right; stop the promise and fail – Pensioner Bondholders to government
- Full text: Minority’s approval of Chief Justice-nominee Gertrude Torkornoo
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- IMF staff mission to visit Ghana this week to track progress of Economic Recovery Programme
- PPAs agreement: Remarks made by World Bank’s Country Director not supported by facts – Suhuyini
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Saglemi project: Former Housing Ministry’s Chief Director ordered to appear in court in 48hrs
- Linda Yaccarino replaces Elon Musk as Twitter boss
- Rex Omar explains why GHAMRO’s website has been inactive for more than 6 months
- Domelevo case: NDC can admit that the Justices are fair-minded – NPP MP
- Livestream: Valedictory ceremony for Justice Jones Dotse underway
- Health sector needs “strategic” funding – Kwaku Agyeman-Manu
- We need a re-look at taxes affecting automotive industry – Investors