The Ajumako Traditional Council has hailed MP for the area, Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson on his appointment as Minority Leader in Parliament.
The Council in a statement signed by its President, Okokodurfo Ogyeabo Kwamena Hammah Ababio said they are elated about the new position of the MP in the Minority Caucus.
“We wish to congratulate you on your well-deserved and ‘overdue’ political success. We are highly elated with this post as you have undoubtedly worked hard with commitment and dedication to the party,” the Council noted.
The Council committed the new Minority Leader into the hands of their ancestors and prayed for their protection and guidance for the legislator.
“They should strengthen you to deliver your duties with diligence and humility to move your party to a desirable pedestal.
“As an illustrious son of Efua Ajumako, you have glorified us and we are proud of you. We say ‘ayikoo, mmo na ye’.”
The Council further expressed its solid support for the MP in his newly assumed role.
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) on Tuesday announced a reshuffle of its leadership in Parliament. The Minority Leader, Haruna Iddrisu and the Chief Whip, Muntaka Mubarak, both with close to 20 years of experience in Parliament were all changed as leaders of the Caucus.
A letter signed by the party’s General Secretary, Fifi Fiavi Kwetey announced Dr Cassiel Ato Forson as the new Minority Leader with Emmanuel Kofi-Armah Buah as the Deputy Minority Leader.
MP for Adaklu, Kwame Governs Agbodza was also named as the party’s new Minority Chief Whip, taking over from Asawase MP, Muntaka Mubarak.
This decision was berated by many supporters of the party including Tamale Central MP, Murtala Mohammed who questioned the timing and relevance of the decision.
Some supporters of the party in Tamale were also unhappy with the changes and called on the party to rescind its decision.
A meeting between the Minority and the party leadership has been scheduled for January 31 to settle the differences arising from the reshuffle.
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Sunyani-Kumasi highway diversion progressing steadily for Newmont Ahafo North Mine establishment
- Why Mohammed Kudus does not flourish as a No. 10 – An analysis
- Do you think I’d say such a thing to this young boy? – Kuami Eugene on Fotocopy’s ‘hate’ comment
- Mapitso Sebidi hosts Cues and Lyrics: Joy Prime’s music reality show
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 2
- Former President Trump indicted by NY grand jury
- Proposed Investor Protection Fund expected to be operational from 2024
- I don’t think I’ll ever collaborate with Fotocopy – Kuami Eugene
- Protect KNUST brand for sustainable growth – KNUST VC urges alumni
- ‘Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders