President Akufo-Addo on Tuesday had a triple celebration at his residence at Nima.
He commemorated his 78th birthday, the passage of the e-levy by Parliament, and the victory of the Ghana Black Stars over Nigeria’s Super Eagles.
In a video that has gone vial on social media, Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, Director of Communications at the President’s Office Eugene Arhin, some security personnel, and a group of overjoyed people were seen celebrating with the President.
Also in the video, a jubilant crowd was seen chanting and jumping in unison, throwing their hands in the air as they sang a victory song.
After the chants, the fans sang the happy birthday song for President Akufo-Addo.
Before the jubilation on Tuesday evening, social media users celebrated President Akufo-Addo with #MrPresident.
Various state officials also added their voices to the many praising President Akufo-Addo. They prayed for good health and strength on his behalf to be able to complete his second tenure.
Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah tweeted: “Happy Birthday to the Boss!!! For a 78year old man, your energy is amazing. May God continue to give you strength.”
Happy Birthday to the Boss!!! For a 78year old man, your energy is amazing. May God continue to give you strength. pic.twitter.com/Jj3B35RrUc— Kojo Oppong Nkrumah (@konkrumah) March 29, 2022
Director-General of the National Lottery Authority (NLA), Samuel Awuku, also said: “Your Excellency, Cheers to Long Life.”
Happy Birthday Mr. President.— Samuel Awuku (@sammiawuku) March 29, 2022
Your Excellency, Cheers to Long Life 🥂! pic.twitter.com/5n1QMJHmp6
Wife to Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, Samira Bawumia also expressed her felicitations.
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- ‘I get only ¢47 as pension’ – Nkrumah’s bodyguard laments life after president’s death
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- You can’t lead Ghana with your coconut heads – KT Hammond to those who booed Akufo-Addo
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- ‘I buy my own fuel’ – Deputy Tourism Minister
- The art exhibition that took Christian rituals literally brutal
- Merqury Republic calls for registration for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Moussa Dadis Camara: Guinea’s ex-military ruler on trial over stadium massacre
- Ethiopia’s Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
- $2.4 billion mobilised from 2022 Global Citizen Festival campaign – Vice President
- Joining UN Global Compact a step on the right path to ensuring investor confidence – DBG CEO
- Araba Opoku inspires hope, beauty and satisfaction with Whispers Down The Lane exhibition
- Government’s sheer inability and total unpreparedness to enforce mining laws cause of ‘galamsey’ – OccupyGhana
- Roselyn Felli receives three nominations at NCA Awards 2022
- ‘Ghana is the No.1 tourism destination in West Africa’ – Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Fitch downgrade unfortunate, further depresses our bonds on international market – Ofori-Atta
- DBG signs UN Global Compact, pledges to abide by 10 principles for sustainable business and governance
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- Liberia rice shortage causes panic-buying
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Black Stars’ poor performance and preparations for World Cup