President Nana Akufo-Addo has been announced as the Special Guest of Honour for the Presec@85 Grand Durbar.
The President is also a patron of the Odadeɛ Global Association.
The event is slated for Saturday, September 30, and is under the theme “Building upon a legacy of excellence”.
The highlight of the anniversary, to be held at the Presec school grounds, will be the grand durbar which will feature a display of the school’s history, culture and traditions. It is set to begin at 10 a.m. and will be hosted by Ɔdadeɛ Global President, Ernest Ofori Sarpong.
The chairman for the occasion is Prof Mike Oquaye, a former speaker of parliament and an alumnus of Presec.
This edition is the second of its kind, following a first held five years ago under the leadership of the immediate past Ɔdadeɛ Global President, Rev. Ebenezer Markwei, Ernest Owusu Afari and their able team.
The dress code for the event is the Presec anniversary cloth, which is available for purchase at the school’s administration office and online.
The cloth features the school’s colours of blue and white, as well as its motto of “In Lumine Tuo Videbimus Lumen” (In Thy Light We Shall See Light).
The grand durbar is expected to attract thousands of members of the Presbyterian Church, students, staff and Ɔdadeɛs (old boys) from across the country and beyond.
It will also showcase the achievements and contributions of Presec to national development and education.
Presec was founded in 1938 by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana as a boys’ secondary school. It has since grown to become one of the most prestigious and renowned schools in Ghana and Africa, producing many illustrious personalities in various fields of endeavour.
The grand durbar is part of a series of activities lined up for the anniversary celebration, which include a thanksgiving service, a health walk, a quiz competition, a musical concert, a speech and prize-giving day, and a homecoming gala.
The Presec@85 anniversary celebration is sponsored by various corporate and individual partners, who have expressed their support and appreciation for the school’s legacy of excellence.
The celebration is also an opportunity for fundraising and networking among the Presec fraternity.
The Presec@85 anniversary celebration is open to all who wish to join in celebrating the school’s glorious past, present and future.
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black