Allianz Insurance, a subsidiary of Allianz Group has announced the completion of its ¢50 million recapitalization process in compliance with the new minimum capital requirements set by the National Insurance Commission, which takes effect from January 1.
This move will strengthen the company’s liquidity position and reaffirm its commitment to doing business in Ghana.
Commenting on the completion, the CEO of Allianz Insurance, Darlington Munhuwani, said, “To meet the regulator’s requirements eight months ahead of the deadline, demonstrates the strong support and continued confidence of our shareholders in the Ghanaian economy and insurance market.’’
“This additional capital will enable us to make strategic investments across our operations and continue to provide value offerings that safeguard the interests of our customers.”
The capital will also be used to reconfigure the company’s reinsurance programmes.
Attention will also be given to the development of new and innovative products and services to enhance its position as a leading insurer with prudent underwriting practices and unique claims advocacy services. The ongoing digital transformation agenda will be accelerated to give convenience to customers.
He concluded that Allianz Insurance will continue to explore opportunities to partner with local and international organizations to improve the distribution of insurance and risk management services in Ghana.
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Ghana Navy positioning to combat insecurity within Gulf of Guinea
Today’s front pages: Friday, June 25, 2021
Expert calls for active community participation to help eradicate malaria
Toddler found dead after being swept away by flood at Sawaba in Kumasi
Ghana has infrastructure to fully go cashless – GhIPSS boss
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping
2021 Population and Housing Census: What to expect during enumeration