The Central Regional Communications Director of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC), Bernard Allotey Jacobs has accused the Friends of Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings (FONKAR) of plotting to disrupt the July 8-10 Congress of the party in Sunyani.
He said people are to be bussed to the congress grounds so they would cause trouble during counting. He said those people are supporters of Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings or FONKAR.
It is widely speculated in the media that some people are planning to disrupt the delegates congress of the ruling NDC to elect a flagbearer for the 2012 elections.
It is also alleged that the people will disrupt vote-counting during the elections so that the contest would end in a stalemate which will mean neither President J.E.A. Mills or Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings would be declared winner.
The speculation was corroborated when Editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako Jnr. on Peace FM said he had similar information that a faction in the NDC was contracting some trouble makers to disrupt the congress.
The National Orgainser of the NDC, Yaw Boateng-Gyan has however issued a stern warning to any group or individuals planning such acts.
Allotey Jacobs, on Asempa FMs Ekosii Sen programme Thursday noted that FONKAR was planning the confusion at the congress because it is clear their candidate, Nana Konadu would lose to President Mills.
He added that “they (FONKAR) will either rush in and go and create problems so that either we don’t vote or when we vote we can’t count and when we don’t count we cannot declare a leader”.
He called on party members not to allow themselves to be used by FONKAR whose sole purpose, he said, was to bring about division in the party.
Allotey Jacobs was very optimistic the NDC would unite after congress.
“NDC has always been successful out of crisis. There is a central magnet that draws people closer to unite the party and that is GOD” he said.
Meanwhile the Deputy General Secretary of the NDC, Kofi Adams, who doubles as spokesperson for the Rawlingses, refuted the accusations by Allotey Jacobs, adding that Nana Konadu would win and would not have any cause to disrupt the congress.
Rubbishing the sources of the information, Kofi Adams said Nana Konadu was focused on her campaign and remained unperturbed by the massive intimidation from her opponent.
Story by: Adwoa Gyasiwaa/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Aisha Huang trial: We need to take a strong stance against illegal mining – Judge
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain