The School Management of Alsyd Academy has postponed its reopening today, following the recording of a positive Coivd-19 case.
A statement from the North Airport school confirmed that a key official of the Board has contracted Covid-19.
Earlier, it was reported that a teacher of the school had contracted the disease but a statement from the school clarified that.
In view of this, the School Board has subjected its front liners to mandatory coronavirus testing.
A date will be communicated by the school authorities as to when students would be permitted to return to school.
“Your full co-operation is required in the interest of our pupils and all other stakeholders,” the administration stated.
Meanwhile, parents who arrived at the school’s premises to bring their wards to for tuition were not allowed in.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Manuel Koranteng a parent said, “When we got to the school this morning at exactly 7:10 am, we realised some cars were parked outside and the school’s main gate was closed.
“The security personnel came to tell us that it is so unfortunate, but the school has postponed its reopening till further notice.”
The Board Chairman of Alsyd Academy said the Education Ministry is yet to be informed on current happenings in the school.
According to an address by President Akufo-Addo on the country’s fight against Covid-19, schools across the country from Primary to Tertiary institutions are to reopen today, approximately 10 months after being closed down.
- World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo a ‘total genius’ for winning Portugal penalty – Fifa
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A missed opportunity
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- HITZ Old Skuuls Reunion: Outdoor games get old students at the edge of their seats
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Government promises more support to Ghana Police
- 2022 World Cup: We didn’t ‘over-respect’ Portugal – Otto Addo
- Take tough decisions in life – GNPC boss to Presec Legon students
- Kelvin Tutu talks accountability in new single, ‘Fa kye’
- BOST MD emerges Petroleum CEO of the Year 2022
- 6th Ghana Energy Awards honours 31 individuals, companies
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- ‘We don’t want any mining activities on our land’ – Mampong Traditional Council insists
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- My ex got married and I’m single and completely heartbroken
- WHO convenes Africa regional policy dialogue on investment and protection of health workforce
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- ‘It feels like it never left’ – Revitalised HITZ Skuul Reunion wins patrons’ hearts
- Equatorial Guinea: World’s longest-serving president to continue 43-year-rule