Audio By Carbonatix
The Inter-party Resistance against the New Voters’ Register has begun another demonstration through the streets of Accra to mount further pressure on the Electoral Commission to rescind its decision to compile a new voters’ register.
The group had earlier suspended protests against the EC’s decision, having organised two mammoth protests in Tamale and Kumasi.
While the parties argue that there is no need for a new voters’ register, the Commission, insists the current register is not fit for purpose.
The EC believes the new voters’ register with some enhanced security features will help to better ensure a smooth exercise on December 7.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
3 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
3 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
3 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
3 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
3 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
3 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
4 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
4 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
4 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
4 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
4 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
5 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
5 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
5 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
5 hours
