Audio By Carbonatix
ASAP Rocky has pleaded not guilty to charges accusing him of firing a gun at his former collaborator Terell Ephron, aka ASAP Relli.
As reported by The Guardian, the rapper pleaded not guilty to two felony counts of first-degree assault with a firearm in court on Monday, January 8.
He was ordered to stand trial in connection with the charges in November. He previously pleaded not guilty to two counts of assault with a firearm in August 2022.
While the rapper did not give a statement following his appearance in court, Rocky's attorney Joe Tacopina spoke with reporters after the not-guilty plea was entered.
"We have a lot of evidence that we have a strong suspicion the prosecutors don’t know about," said Tacopina. He added his client wants to get the trial "over with so he can start enjoying his family," A pre-trial hearing has been set for March 6.
Rocky is also being sued by Ephron for alleged assault, battery, negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. He has denied the allegations levelled against him.
"Defendant generally denies each and every allegation of the complaint and specifically denies that Plaintiff has been damaged in any amount or in any way as a result of any act or omission of answering defendant,” Rocky’s attorneys said after his initial arrest.
“The injuries and/or damages complained of in the complaint, if any, were caused solely, directly and proximately by the negligent and/or intentional acts or omissions of person other than answering defendant."
The incident happened in November 2021, in which Ephron alleged that Rocky fired four shots at him outside of a hotel in Los Angeles. Prosecutors argued that video from the night of the incident features "two loud pops with a time stamp matching the alleged shooting."
Moments after the "loud pops," a man prosecutors identified as ASAP Rocky "is seen rounding the corner from the scene of the altercation and slowing down to a walk."
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
27 minutes -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
2 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
2 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
2 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
3 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
3 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
3 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
3 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
3 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
3 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
4 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
6 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General Superintendent
6 hours